We are welcoming excellent students to apply for positions in SEI. Our general requirements of students are as follows.
Excellent in academic performance and dedicated in research work
Enthusiastic about software technology
Strong learning ability and good teamwork spirit
Critical thinking and ability to adapt to challenges
For further information, please refer to the homepage of the School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science (http://eecs.pku.edu.cn/), Computer Science (http://cs.pku.edu.cn), the School of Software and Microelectronics (http://www.ss.pku.edu.cn/index.php/admission), the Graduate School of Peking University (https://grs.pku.edu.cn).
Currently, we are admitting the following categories of students:
For undergraduate students from Peking University, PKU-SEI is periodically recruiting undergraduate students to enter the labs at PKU-SEI for internship. Note that students are usually required to have internship experience to enroll into PKU-SEI's graduate program (except for those who are exceptionally excellent).
For undergraduate students from other universities, PKU-SEI also welcomes students for internship and provides a small number of living allowances. However, due to limited resources, we are unable to provide accommodation in Beijing. Interested students can contact PKU-SEI faculty advisors of interest directly.
In general, there are two ways to enter PKU-SEI for graduate study in the Master program.
1) The enrollment every September for students who have received an official postgraduate recommendation (PKU-SEI usually recruits students from Peking University);
2) The national entrance examination for graduate students.
(1) For the students who have received an official postgraduate admission recommendation, they are usually required to have internship experience at PKU-SEI with recommendation of PKU-SEI faculty advisors.
(2) PKU-SEI usually only admits students from Peking University. Students from other universities who want to study at PKU-SEI please choose to be a PhD student or participate in the national entrance examination for graduate students.
PhD students with bachelor’s degrees
Students from Peking University who have received an official PhD admission recommendation is exempted from examinations. Students from other universities need to have an official PhD admission recommendation from their universities. There are two ways to apply for a PhD student position.
1) The summer camp of the School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science / Department of Computer Science and Technology at Peking University around July every year;
2) The official enrollment of graduate students with official PhD admission recommendations every September.
PhD students with master’s degrees
The admission is based on the "application-assessment system". Students do not need to participate in the entrance examination organized by Peking University. The application deadline is usually around November. PKU-SEI admits PhD students in Computer Science and Technology and Software Engineering. Each year, there will be a committee in PKU-SEI to review the application materials of all applicants and select a small number of applicants to interview. Only those applicants who have passed the interview will be admitted.
PhD students transferred from a master program at Peking University
This category is for students who have studied for a master's degree at Peking University. Students who want to be transferred to the PhD program in PKU-SEI should apply before the end of the first year of the graduate study for their master's degrees, and pass the interview held by PKU-SEI. Successful students will be officially transferred to the PhD program after the second year of the graduate study for their master's degrees.
Please refer to PKU Department of Computer Science and Technology's Overseas Excellent Student Program: http://cs.pku.edu.cn/info/1305/2257.htm